Did you know? You can share this story using the social media icons on the left. Please include the hashtag #WeAreCisco. You can also rate and comment on the story below.
We’re showing off our amazing culture, technology and innovation to the world—and the world is rewarding us. Check out all the industry recognition we’ve been getting lately because of the great work you do.
Corporate Social Responsibility
From our equality to our sustainability practices, we’re an industry leader in corporate social responsibility.
We’re making a name for ourselves when it comes to sustainability, topping Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies list. But that’s not the only list we’re topping:
- Newsweek named us the No. 1 company on their U.S. Green Ranking, and globally they ranked us No. 5.
- Our global EnergyOps program won us an Innovation Award from Smart Energy Decisions.
- From Corporate Knights Global 100, which supplies Forbes with their annual list of Most Sustainable Companies, we ranked No. 7.
- We made CDP’s Climate Change A-List for being pioneers in acting on climate change.
For our giving back efforts, we were ranked No. 3 on Fortune’s Best Workplace for Giving Back—jumping up 6 places from last year. For our efforts when it comes to corporate citizenship and doing good for the world, we’ve also been recognized big time:
- We scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index for 2018.
- Ranked No. 7 on Forbes’ Just 100: America’s Best Corporate Citizens
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation awarded us with a Corporate Citizenship Award for Best Commitment to Education. We were awarded for the Cisco Networking Academy program, now celebrating 20 years of impact.
- STEM Learning awarded us a STEM Inspiration award for being a top STEM employer.
- We were named a Military Friendly Silver Employer for 2018 for being a great employer for U.S. veterans re-entering the civilian workforce.
Did you miss the good news? We moved up 19 spots on Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For list, coming in at No. 48! For Great Place to Work’s Best Workplaces in Technology, we ranked No. 14. And we’re even more outstanding globally! Some of the most recent workplace awards we’ve won are:
- No. 1 Great Place to Work, Italy
- No. 1 Great Place to Work, Japan
- No. 2 Great Place to Work, Singapore
- No. 3 Great Place to Work, Ireland
- No. 3 Best Multinational Workplace in Europe
- No. 3 Great Place to Work, Greater China
- Working Mother and Avtar named Cisco to their list of 100 Best Companies for Women in India.
Everything in Between
Between our technology, innovation, services and leadership, we’re also winning awards in these places:
- The Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) awarded us with a Star Award for Services Innovation.
- Cisco won Global IoT Cloud Company of the Year at the IoT Breakthrough Awards.
- We took the No. 1 spot on a list of top technology suppliers for smart cities by the Navigant Research analyst firm.
- We were named a leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions.
- We also won a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice award for Meeting Solutions.
- We placed No. 3 on the 2017 IDC FinTech Rankings Enterprise Top 25, moving up from No. 5 last year.
- At Control Engineering’s Engineers’ Choice Awards, our Industrial Ethernet 1000 Switch won us an award in the Network Integration category.
- At the 2018 LEAD Awards, our Cisco HR Leadership Program won the top awards for Best First Time Manager Program and Best Use of Mobile Technology.
Do you have a personal experiences story to tell? Share with the #WeAreCisco
Connect everything. Innovate everywhere. Benefit everyone.