June 26 (Reuters) – Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 15
points at 7,439 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* RBS: British lender Royal Bank of Scotland is planning to cut 443
jobs dealing with business loans and many of them will move to India, the bank
* SKY/VODAFONE: New Zealand pay television provider Sky Network TV
on Monday said it was terminating a sales agreement to buy Vodafone’s
local unit, a deal the country’s competition regulator had ruled against.
* GLENCORE/RIO: Miner and trader Glencore on Friday hit back with
an increased offer of $2.675 billion in cash to buy Australian coal assets from
Rio Tinto, that earlier this week said it was favouring a
* TESCO: Tesco, Britain’s biggest private sector employer, is to
raise pay for hourly paid store staff by an inflation-beating 10.5 percent over
the next two years, it said on Friday.
* CAPITA: Outsourcer Capita said on Friday it would sell its asset
management services arm to Australian financial services firm Link
Administration Holdings for 888 million pounds ($1.13 billion).
* CO-OPERATIVE BANK: Britain’s Co-operative Bank is close to a 700 million
pounds rescue deal with US hedge funds, while in talks about the separation of
the vast pension scheme it shares with the Co-op Group, Sky News reported. http://bit.ly/2scCNg5
* UK CYBER ATTACK: Britain’s parliament was hit by a “sustained and
determined” cyber attack on Saturday designed to identify weak email passwords,
just over a month after a ransomware worm crippled parts of the country’s health
* REINSURERS: Global reinsurers have written to the European Commission to
ask it to ensure mutual access between British and European Union reinsurance
markets after Britain leaves the bloc due to worries about market disruption,
according to extracts from the letter seen by Reuters.
* INSURANCE: The insurance industry warned the British government of the
dangers of flammable external surfaces on buildings a month before the Grenfell
Tower fire that killed at least 79 people.
* LONDON FIRE: British investigators said on Friday they would consider
manslaughter charges over the London tower block fire that killed at least 79
people, as thousands of apartment-dwellers a few miles away were told to leave
their homes due to fire risk.
* LONDON TOWER BLOCKS: Britain said 34 high-rise apartment blocks had failed
fire safety checks carried out after the deadly Grenfell Tower blaze, including
several in north London where residents were forced to evacuate amid chaotic
* INVESTMENT BANKS: Some global investment banks risk losing up to $240
million in business by 2020 as a regulatory overhaul, which will change the way
securities research is priced and used, makes independent firms more attractive
for clients, a financial consultancy said.
* GOLD: Gold prices edged lower on Monday as investors remained cautious
ahead of a flurry of U.S. data due this week, with firmer Asian stocks also
weighing on the market.
* COPPER: London copper eased on Monday but remained within reach of the
highest in more than two months, after expectations of the U.S. interest rate
hike trajectory were tempered which weighed on the dollar.
* OIL: Oil prices rose more than 1 percent early on Monday on a weaker
dollar, but another rise in U.S. drilling activity stoked worries that a global
supply glut will persist despite an OPEC-led effort to curb output.
* The UK blue chip index was down 0.2 percent at 7,424.13 at its close on
Friday, as one year on from Britain’s shock vote to leave the European Union,
cracks are started to appear in the index’s rally, as concerns on both political
and economic fronts saw UK shares fall for a third week in a row.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
D4t4 Solutions Plc Full Year 2017 Earnings
Monks Investment Trust Plc Full Year 2016 Earnings
Northgate Plc Full Year 2017 Earnings
TODAY’S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Noor Zainab Hussain in Bengaluru)