July 17 (Reuters) – Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening 13
points higher on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ASTRAZENECA: Anglo-Swedish pharmaceutical firm AstraZeneca said on
Friday its chief executive, Pascal Soriot, would host a results call with
reporters on July 27, after refusing to comment on speculation this week that he
was leaving the firm.
* ITV: British broadcaster ITV is closing in on naming easyJet’s
Carolyn McCall as new chief executive, the Guardian reported on
* UNILEVER: Anglo-Dutch conglomerate Unilever is vying with U.S.
canned meat producer Hormel Foods Corp to buy the foods division of
British consumer goods maker Reckitt Benckiser, the Sunday Times
newspaper reported, citing sources.
* BREXIT: Senior members of the government are becoming convinced of the
need for a phased British departure from the European Union to help protect the
economy, finance minister Philip Hammond said on Sunday.
* COPPER: London copper edged up to its highest in two weeks on Monday,
supported by a weaker dollar and an upbeat second quarter for China’s economy
which brightened demand prospects for metals.
* OIL: Oil prices strengthened on Monday, supported by a slowdown in the
growth of rigs looking for crude in the United States and because of strong
refinery demand from China.
* The UK blue chip index FTSE 100 fell 0.5 percent on Friday,
cutting its weekly gain from a global rally after U.S. Fed officials hinted
monetary policy tightening would go ahead at a slower pace.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Minoan Group PLC Half Year 2017 Earnings Release
Katoro Gold PLC Half Year 2017 Earnings Release
Ashley House PLC Full Year 2017 Earnings Release
Conviviality PLC Full Year 2017 Earnings Release
Kromek Group PLC Full Year 2017 Earnings Release
Mirada PLC Full Year 2017 Earnings Release
TODAY’S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Siju Varghese)