July 12 (Reuters) – Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening 21
points higher on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* GLENCORE: A federal court in Argentina has ordered the suspension of
activities at Glencore Plc’s Alumbrera gold and copper mine as part of
a pollution complaint, according to court documents seen by Reuters on Tuesday.
* AMEC FOSTER: British oil and gas services company Amec Foster Wheeler
and individuals associated with the business are under investigation by
the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), the company said on Tuesday.
* HSBC HOLDINGS/UBS Group: HSBC Holdings Plc and UBS Group AG
have each agreed to pay $14 million to settle private U.S. litigation
accusing them of rigging an interest rate benchmark used in the $483 trillion
* OIL: Oil prices on Wednesday extended gains from the previous day as the
U.S. government cut its crude production outlook for next year and as fuel
* GOLD: Gold prices edged further away from a four-month low on Wednesday,
as investors awaited testimony from U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen and
central bank officials expressed caution about further interest rate hikes.
* COPPER: Copper prices climbed in Asia to their highest in more than one
week on Wednesday amid a weaker U.S. dollar and concerns about industrial action
that could further crimp mine supply.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.6 percent at 7,329.76 points on
Tuesday, as Pearson and Marks & Spencer overshadowed gains in miners.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Barratt Developments Plc Trading Statement Release
Micro Focus International Plc Preliminary Q1 2017 Earnings Release
Ophir Energy Plc Trading Statement Release
SSP Group Plc Q3 2017 Trading Update
J D Wetherspoon Plc Q4 2017 Trading Statement Release
Burberry Group Plc Q1 2018 Trading Statement Release
Hochschild Mining Plc Q2 2017 Production Results Release
Bankers Investment Trust Plc Half Year 2017 Earnings Release
TODAY’S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News :
(Reporting by Harish Bhaskar)