This week in open source and Linux news: an exciting documentary series by open source communications veteran Jennifer Cloer to premiere in March, Steven J Vaughan-Nichols is fed up with fake Linux vulnerability story, and more! Read on to stay in the open source know!
1) Jennifer Cloer of reTHINKit PR & Wicked Flicks (former VP of Communications at The Linux Foundation) is premiering Episode 1 of her new documentary series about women in tech next month.
‘Chasing Grace’: Docuseries Tracks Women in Tech– The Business Journal
2) Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols is frustrated by fake news of a security hole that gives attackers complete control over Linux servers.
3) New Linux Foundation project can support carrier availability and performance needs in cloud services optimized for edge computing systems and applications.
4) The Forbes Tech council explains why companies put money towards FOSS.
5) “Musk is leaving the ethical AI organization he founded only two years ago.”
Elon Musk Steps Down From Open Source AI Group– Vice Motherboard