Soon after DockerCon 2017, I wrote a blog post on how to get started with LinuxKit for Google Cloud Platform. Since then I have been closely keeping eye on the latest features, enablements & releases of LinuxKit. Under this blog post, I bring up a simplified approach to get LinuxKit OS instance running on top of Amazon Web Services(AWS) Platform.
Here we go..
- Install AWS CLI on macOS(Using Homebrew)
- Installing LinuxKit & Moby Tool(Using Homebrew)
- Configuring AWS S3 bucket
- Building a RAW image with Moby tool
- Configuring VM Import Service Role
- Upload the aws.raw Image to remote AWS S3 bucket using LinuxKit
- Run the LinuxKit OS as EC2 Instance
Read more at Collabnix