Hey NBA fans, now you can officially tell the league what was your favorite top play, dunk and game-winning shot of this season.
For the first time, fans will be able to take to NBA.com, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and pick winners in six new categories, including which player has the best style (maybe MVP favorite Russell Westbrook?)
The winners will be announced during this year’s inaugural NBA Awards airing on TNT on June 26. Fans can pick their faves by posting a hashtag of the category and the pick.
For example: #DunkOfTheYear Larry Nance, Jr. (See below)
The top three finalists for the fan-voted categories include:
- Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker scoring 70 points vs. Boston Celtics.
- Houston Rockets’ James Hardeen’s 53-16-17 triple double vs. New York Knicks.
- Golden State Warriors’ Klay Thompson scoring 60 points in just three quarters vs. Indiana Pacers.
- Oklahoma City Thunder’s Russell Westbrook scoring the most points (57) in his triple double that also included 13 rebounds and 11 assists vs. Orlando Magic.
- Los Angeles Lakers’ Larry Nance, Jr. vs. Brooklyn Nets.
- Minnesota Timberwolves’ Zach LaVine vs. Phoenix Suns.
- Oklahoma City Thunder’s Victor Oladipo vs. Atlanta Hawks.
- Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green to Stephen Curry to Kevin Durant.
- Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokic with a no-look pass.
- LA Clippers’ Chris Paul with wraparound pass.
- San Antonio Spurs’ Kawhi Leonard vs. Houston Rockets.
- New York Knicks’ Kristaps Porzingis vs. Brooklyn Nets.
- Miami Heat’s Hassan Whiteside vs. Toronto Raptors.
- Cleveland Cavaliers’ Kyrie Irving vs. Golden State Warriors on Christmas Day.
- Oklahoma City Thunder’s Russell Westbrook vs. Denver Nuggets.
- Phoenix Suns’ Tyler Ulis vs. Boston Celtics.
- Cleveland Cavaliers’ Iman Shumpert.
- Chicago Bulls’ Dwayne Wade.
- Oklahoma City Thunder’s Russell Westbrook.
Tech Enabled: CNET chronicles tech’s role in providing new kinds of accessibility.
Batteries Not Included: The CNET team reminds us why tech is cool.